DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2020 – Rest For The Restless, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: REST FOR THE RESTLESS
TEXT: Matthew 11:16-30
16. But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
17. And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
18. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
20. Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not;
21. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
22. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
23. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell; for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
24. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
25. At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26. Even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27. All things are delivered unto me of my Father; and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
KEY VERSE – DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2020:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.” – (Matthew 11:28)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2020:
Imagine that you have no money, friends or food at home. Suddenly, an old friend appears and asks you to tell him your problems. To prove his seriousness, he brings out a checkbook, signs his name and asks you to write any amount of money you need. What will be your reaction?
In our text, Jesus compared men of His generation to children in the streets who would not respond to the call of their friends in spite of their entreaties. He upbraided the cities which were unrepentant in spite of the mighty works done in them. He thereafter appreciated the Father for the revelation of the gospel to mankind and made a solemn call to all who were heavy laden with sins, yokes and cares of life to come to Him for rest.
Many labour in vain and languish in poverty. Others labour in self-righteousness, immorality, idolatry, servitude to Satan, fear, unfulfilled dreams and demonic bondage. There are others who seek healing, protection, wealth and salvation in the wrong places. There are also those who are heavily laden with guilt, anxiety, oppression, depression, obsession, debts, sicknesses, and fear of death.
DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2020 Like the man with the open cheque, Jesus wants you to come to Him and write whatever your problems are in His checkbook. You must heed His call now by confessing your sins and forsaking them, accepting Him as your Lord and personal Saviour. When you are yoked with Him, you get and become the best.
Hurry now and follow Him until the end and He will grant you rest here on earth and in heaven. Do not be restless any longer. Go to Jesus and He will give you rest. Take a step and move to Him. He is knocking at the door of your heart. If you hear His voice and open the door, He will come in to you and help you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is rest for those who heed Jesus’ call.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 17-20
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2020 – Rest For The Restless, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.