Open Heaven 25th March 2020 Daily Devotional – He Can Erase Your Past,written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: HE CAN ERASE YOUR PAST
MEMORISE: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” – (1 Corinthians 5:17-19)
READ: Luke 15:11-24, 2 Corinthians 5:17-19 (KJV)
11. And he said, A certain man had two sons;
12. And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat; and no man gave unto him.
17. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18. I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19. And am no more worthy to be called thy son; make me as one of thy hired servants.
20. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet;
23. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry;
24. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Open Heaven 25th March 2020 Daily Devotional
17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 25th March 2020 Daily Devotional
Jesus came for one assignment: to shed His blood for the remission of our sins. (1 John 3:8) says:
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.”
For Jesus to erase your sins, all He needs you to do is confess them. It does not matter how badly you have sinned, the moment you confess and ask Him to be your Lord and Saviour, He will cleanse all that unrighteousness away.
The devil however will keep coming to remind you of all your sins. When he comes, quote (1 John 1:9) to him:
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Tell him that the fellow he is talking about is dead because (2 Corinthians 5:17) says that when you give your life to Christ, you become a new creature and old things have passed away; all things have now become new. Don’t ever allow the devil to make you feel guilty for sins that no longer exist as far as God is concerned.
After confessing your sins, you are to forsake them. Proverbs 28:13 says:
“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”
Forsaking your sins means throwing away anything connected to your old lifestyle and sincerely resolving never to go back to it. If you still hang around the same friends and places that made you sin, enjoying the same worldly music or movies that your ‘old man’ used to love, then you are unwilling to let God erase your past. Confess your sins and forsake them today, you will experience peace like never before.
PRAYER POINT (Open Heaven 25th March 2020 Daily Devotional):
Father, I ask that You erase every sin in my past and give me a brand new life today in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 12-15
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 25th March 2020 Daily Devotional – He Can Erase Your Past, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.