PIPELINE SURVEILLANCE CONTRACT, WHAT YOU MUST KNOW BEFORE YOU VERBALLY ATTACK TOMPOLO.
© Apostle Bodmas Prince Kemepadei
1. Recent reports have now revealed that the contract for the region was earlier awarded to Ocean Marine Solution Limited owned by Late Captain Hosa Okunbo, the father-in-law to Olu of Warri. A company which the Olu of Warri is now the substantive Chairman. No one raised a voice for almost seven years before it is now revisited.
2. The Newly awarded contract to Tompolo does not cover the entire region but specific areas, some parts of Delta and most parts of Rivers and Bayelsa states are not inclusive, especially Nembe to Bonny which was awarded to another company, those agitators from Kalabari should wake up.
4. The Olu of warri will be handling majority of Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, those that are shouting should channel their anger appropriately.
5. According to a report by Gbaramatu voice, Tompolo’s contract amounts to N48bn per annum which translates to N4bn per month,whereas that ot the Olu of warri was reportedly awarded at a net sum of N11.5b monthly and N138.7b per annum, yet Ijaws have seen Tompolo as the enemy.
6. Despite these facts, Tompolo is engaging stakeholders, running an all inclusive operation, yet he is now seen as the villian.
7. Let us bear in mind that even as several contractors have been awarded, we are yet to see engagements, yet one man named Tompolo is now standing out because he has taken a paradigm shift from the usual sharing formula; share-amongst-stakeholders to inculcating host Communities and the masses.
8. He is building a transparent system that will see all communities with oil or a pipeline benefit from it. Hence those who were getting huge settlements from the former contractor for almost seven years at the detriment of the people have suddenly found their voices, claiming to be lovers of the people they have been sidelining all the while.
Lastly, we cannot continue to share such benefits only amongst certain stakeholders and leave behind the poor and vulnerable whom are the real victims of the oil spillages and other environmental hazards from the IOCs.
May Tompolo succeed.
Info sources: Gbaramatu voice.