Open Heaven 8 March 2020 Devotional – Far Above Rubies, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: FAR ABOVE RUBIES
MEMORISE: “Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” – (Proverbs 31:10)
READ: Proverbs 31:10-31 (KJV)
10. Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13. She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14. She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16. She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18. She perceiveth that her merchandise is good; her candle goeth not out by night.
19. She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21. She is not afraid of the snow for her household; for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22. She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24. She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25. Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 8 March 2020 Devotional:
Rubies are precious stones considered to be next in value to diamonds. The value of a stone is determined by its purity. A Christian woman has been bought by the blood of Jesus and you can never put a price on that.
To be far above rubies is to sit with Christ in heavenly places far above principalities and powers. To be far above rubies is to be a woman of virtue-filled with the Holy Ghost and bearing fruit, a woman whose mouth is controlled by the Spirit of God, having a quiet spirit. She can hear the Lord when He speaks.
To be far above rubies is to be a woman of prayer – not the one who sleeps all night. A woman who is far above rubies is a warrior – a prayer warrior. Many of us are here today because of the prayers of our mothers but how many of us pray for our children?
“She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.” – (Proverbs 31:15)
To be far above rubies is to be a woman who is trustworthy. Sister, are you trustworthy? Can your husband’s heart, sister’s heart or church members’ hearts safely trust you? Any woman operating below this standard has lost her value and like salt without savour, will be thrown on the ground to be trodden on. Nobody throws gems or precious stones on the floor.
A woman who is far above rubies is a mother – she nurtures. This goes beyond carrying a child in your womb; it is about serving others with your gifts and resources so hery can prosper. Deborah was such a woman. In judges 5:7, she said:
“The inhabitants of the villages ceased, they ceased in Israel, until that I Deborah arose, that I arose a mother in Israel.”
Deborah’s generation was preserved because of her. What will your generation say about you? My sister, you are far above rubies; don’t live as though you were less.
PRAYER POINT – Open Heaven 8 March 2020 Devotional:
Father, Please restore every virtue that has gone out of me and cause me to arise to take my place in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 33-34
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 8 March 2020 Devotional – Far Above Rubies, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.