Open Heaven 6th April 2020 Daily Devotional – Contentment Is Priceless
Open Heaven 6th April 2020 Daily Devotional – Contentment Is Priceless, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: CONTENTMENT IS PRICELSS
MEMORISE: But godliness with contentment is great gain. – (1 Timothy 6:6)
READ: 2 Kings 4:8-17 (KJV)
8. And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
9. And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually. Open Heaven 6th April 2020 Daily Devotional
10. Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick; and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
11. And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
12. And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
13. And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.
14. And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
15. And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.
16. And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.
17. And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto her, according to the time of life.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 6th April 2020 Daily Devotional:
Money can be a blessing or a trap, depending on one’s attitude towards it. Money is a powerful weapon against poverty and plays such a vital role in life that Ecclesiastes 10:19 presents it as the answer to all things. It is this great power and influence attached to money that makes financial prosperity the desire of almost every human being.
Contentment however, is an important virtue that money cannot buy. Ecclesiastes 5:10 teaches that anyone who loves money will never be satisfied with it, and whoever loves wealth will continue to seek more.
I have repeatedly told my children that being wealthy is not evil and there is nothing godly about poverty. A poor person who refuses to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour will end up in hell, while a wealthy person who is born again will surely make it to heaven.
When it comes to money, the real issue for us as Christians is our attitude towards it. Some have become slaves to money. Some also worship money and would do anything to get as much of it as they can. (1 Timothy 6:10) says:
“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” Open Heaven 6th April 2020
I pray for everyone who money has dragged away from God and may be in any kind of sorrow right now: Be delivered today and receive the grace to renew your worship with God in the mighty name of Jesus.
Godliness and contentment are gifts from God that money cannot buy. We must be able to say like Apostle Paul “…for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content” (Philippians 4:11). May the Lord break the hold of covetousness over your life and fill you with godliness and contentment in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT: Father, please fill my life with Your blessings that money cannot buy, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ruth 1-4
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 6th April 2020 Daily Devotional – Contentment Is Priceless, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.
Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional