DCLM Daily Manna 6th April 2020 Devotional – Self-inflicted Wound
DCLM Daily Manna 6th April 2020 Devotional – Self-inflicted Wound by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: SELF-INFLICTED WOUND
TEXT: Joshua 16:1-10
1. And the lot of the children of Joseph fell from Jordan by Jericho, unto the water of Jericho on the east, to the wilderness that goeth up from Jericho throughout mount Bethel,
2. And goeth out from Bethel to Luz, and passeth along unto the borders of Archi to Ataroth,
3. And goeth down westward to the coast of Japhleti, unto the coast of Bethhoron the nether, and to Gezer; and the goings out thereof are at the sea.
4. So the children of Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, took their inheritance. DCLM Daily Manna 6th April 2020 Devotional
5. And the border of the children of Ephraim according to their families was thus; even the border of their inheritance on the east side was Atarothaddar, unto Bethhoron the upper;
6. And the border went out toward the sea to Michmethah on the north side; and the border went about eastward unto Taanathshiloh, and passed by it on the east to Janohah;
7. And it went down from Janohah to Ataroth, and to Naarath, and came to Jericho, and went out at Jordan.
8. The border went out from Tappuah westward unto the river Kanah; and the goings out thereof were at the sea. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Ephraim by their families.
9. And the separate cities for the children of Ephraim were among the inheritance of the children of Manasseh, all the cities with their villages.
10. And they drave not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer; but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under tribute.
KEY VERSE: “And they drave not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under tribute.” – (Joshua 16:10)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 6th April 2020 Devotional :
A Christian leader once said, “Obedience to God’s word begins by being determined to make no compromise with His ways. It requires a clear understanding that God’s rules and laws are for your benefit and for you to do all you can to live by them.” Therefore, obedience to God is not optional for the Christian. We are called to a life of total obedience.
By virtue of the blessing invoked on Joseph, his two children, Manasseh and Ephraim became full-fledged tribes like other children of Jacob. Ephraim was Joseph’s second born while Manasseh was the firstborn; yet Ephraim, the younger one featured more prominently in the records.
Furthermore, the records show that the heritage of Ephraim was much and it extended into the portions of the children of Manasseh. The Ephraimites had the might to fight the Canaanites and they did. They even overcame them.
But they did not drive out the enemies. Instead, they put them under tribute and turned them into slaves; thereby, disobeying the instruction of God not to cohabit with the Canaanites. The outcome of this foundational mistake was effectively captured by Hosea thus: “Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned” – (Hosea 7:8).
Christians who excuse sin for sundry reasons do so at the risk of their eternal destiny. Disobedience to clear instructions from God is a grave mistake that will eventually inflict incalculable damage on any individual. Make the right decision today and commit yourself to a lifetime of full obedience to God in keeping your spiritual heritage.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Obedience has no substitute.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 19-21
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 6th April 2020 Devotional – Self-inflicted Wound by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.
DCLM Daily Manna 5th April 2020 Devotional