Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Devotional – Prayers For The Church
TODAY’S MESSAGE: PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH
“These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.” – (Acts 1:14,KJV)
READ: Acts 1:1-18 (NKJV)
1 The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 until the day in which [a]He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, 3 to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many [b]infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
The Holy Spirit Promised
4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [c]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Jesus Ascends to Heaven
9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
The Upper Room Prayer Meeting
12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day’s journey. 13 And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas the son of James. 14 These all continued with one [d]accord in prayer [e]and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.
15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the [f]disciples (altogether the number of names was about a hundred and twenty), and said, 16 “Men and brethren, this Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke before by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus; 17 for he was numbered with us and obtained a part in this ministry.”
18 (Now this man purchased a field with the [g]wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his [h]entrails gushed out.
Acts 1:2 He ascended into heaven.
Acts 1:3 unmistakable
Acts 1:8 NU My witnesses
Acts 1:14 purpose or mind
Acts 1:14 NU omits and supplication
Acts 1:15 NU brethren
Acts 1:18 reward of unrighteousness
Acts 1:18 intestines
New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
PRAYERS – Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Devotional:
1. Praise the Head of the Church, glorify the One who established the Body of Christ, bless His name, adore His Excellency exalt Him above all things.
2. Father, let Your fire fall and put an end to all forms of lukewarmness in Your Church.
3. Father, let Your fire fall and consume any agent of the devil, any plant that You have not planted in Your church.
4. Father, You promised us that the gate of hell will not prevail against Your church; destroy every enemy of the Church today, in the mighty name of Jesus.
5. Father, empower Your church as in the days of old so that miracles will become commonplace again amongst us.
6. Father, unite Your church like the Apostles were united at the Upper Room so that we can begin to do the impossible. Remove strife, envy and unhealthy competition in Your church.
7. Father, let Your church not be ordinary, let our voices be heard and impact felt all over the world in the mighty name of Jesus
8. Father, please help every local assembly that needs Your help in one way or the other.
9. Father, raise faithful men who will be sold out for You in this generation, to serve You with all their heart and all their might.
10. Father, every assembly or denomination where there is conflict, please Lord, calm the storm.
11. Father, every group, society or establishment terrorising Your church, if they refuse to repent, send Your fire into their midst and let them destroy themselves in the mighty name of Jesus.
12. Pray for your local assembly.
I join my faith with yours and pray that God will grant your requests in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Devotional:
An excellent spirit should be in every Christian because we have the excellent Father living in us.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 6 March 2020 Devotional – Prayers For The Church, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.