Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional – The Value of Your Service
Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional – The Value of Your Service, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE VALUE OF YOUR SERVICE
MEMORISE: “If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” – (1 Corinthians 3:15)
READ: 1 Corinthians 3:1-15 (KJV)
1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat; for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3. For ye are yet carnal; for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one; and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional
9. For we are labourers together with God; ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
10. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13. Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional:
Our God is great and mighty, the Supreme ruler and final authority in heaven and on earth. He deserves the best of all things; He does not accept service that is substandard from anyone, neither does He reward anyone that offers halfhearted service to Him. Romans 12:11 reveals God’s hatred for a slothful attitude to life and His service. It also shows a clear preference for people who are fervent in spirit and committed to His work. Romans 12:1 says:
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”
While God is concerned about the quality of our service, He is even more concerned about our character and way of life. If the lifestyle of a person is not acceptable to God, then whatever service the fellow renders may not have real value to Him.
The Bible in Ephesians 6:6-7 lays emphasis on rendering, acceptable service not as men pleasers, but doing the will of God from the heart, as unto Him and not to men. (2 Timothy 2:21) speaks about the personality of the fellow God will use: “If a man, therefore, purges himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.”
From the Scripture above, it is very clear that God will not accept the service of those not in right standing with Him. Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional
(1 Corinthians 3:13) also makes it clear that God will critically examine the works and service we render to Him and reward each person accordingly. Substandard service shall be consumed by fire making such efforts a loss to the concerned persons. I pray that your service shall be acceptable to God and be rewarded accordingly, in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT: Father, please let my works pass the test of fire on the last day, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 19-21
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 5th April 2020 Daily Devotional – The Value of Your Service, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.
Open Heaven 4th April 2020 Daily Devotional