Open Heaven 23rd March 2020 Devotional – Ingredients Of Perfection
Open Heaven 23rd March 2020 Devotional – Ingredients Of Perfection, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: INGREDIENTS OF PERFECTION
MEMORISE: “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.” – (1 Corinthians 12:31)
READ: 2 Peter 1:1-11 (KJV)
1. Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
2. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue;
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure; for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall;
11. For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 23rd March 2020 Devotional:
When we talk of Christian perfection as demanded by our Lord Jesus Christ, many may think the demand is a ‘mission impossible.’ This is not true, especially when we consider the ‘grace factor’ which is exclusive to those who are born by the Spirit of God (John 3:3-5). Now, what are the ingredients of perfection?
The first is grace according to our text. It is grace that imparts on us the divine nature and power (1 John 2:15-17). Peter entreats us to add virtue to our faith. Virtue is the behaviour that exhibits excellence. Virtue also must be accompanied by knowledge or else your good intention may be evil spoken of.
To knowledge we are encouraged to add temperance if we are not going to be guilty of being arrogant because the Bible says: “…Knowledge [without temperance] puffeth up, but charity edifieth.” (1 Corinthians 8:1). You must be patient with others – dealing with them with understanding. However, chief among these ingredients is charity which in modern language is love (Matthew 22:39). Open Heaven 23rd March 2020 Devotional
“For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.” – (2 Peter 1:8-9)
We can see in the above scripture that, indeed, perfection has ingredients which, when present in our lives as Christians, bring us to the level of perfection as required by the law of liberty (James 1:25). Here we see the need to be well-grounded in the word of God. The problem with modern-day soul winners is that they do not do due diligence in feeding converts with the sincere milk of the word – precept by precept, line upon line according to Isaiah, the prophet (Isaiah 28:9-10).
Beloved, we must be perfect, even as our heavenly Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48).
PRAYER POINT: Father, please make me perfect by Your grace.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 5-8
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 23rd March 2020 Devotional – Ingredients Of Perfection, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.
Open Heaven 22 March 2020 Devotional