DCLM Daily Manna 23 March 2020 Devotional – Following The Way Of The Cross
DCLM Daily Manna 23 March 2020 Devotional – Following The Way Of The Cross, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: FOLLOWING THE WAY OF THE CROSS
TEXT: Matthew 10:34-42
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
41. He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.
42. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
KEY VERSE: “And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.” – (Matthew 10:38)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 23 March 2020 Devotional:
The producer of “Living in Bondage” is now a believer in Jesus Christ. He recently produced a film titled “Eternity So Near”, where he painted a picture of the heavenly race. People chose between two roads leading to different crosses. The road that led to the cross of Calvary, where Jesus died, had few people treading it. However, the road to another cross, where all forms of evil were permitted, had many thronging it.
In the text, Jesus emphatically announced that He came to send a sword, not peace and to set at variance family members against one another. Children who love their parents more than Christ and those who do not take their cross and follow after Him are not worthy of Him.
Those who are not ready to lose anything for Jesus are not worthy of Him. After the thrills of conversion subside, the baby Christian soon finds that the Christian life is filled with bumps, potholes and detours. He has to choose between familial love and his love for Christ. The challenge of remaining a Christian soon becomes overwhelming; leaving him with the choice of who to follow – his family or Jesus. DCLM Daily Manna 23 March 2020 Devotional
Everyone born into this world is a follower of a particular pattern of life. Many follow ideology, philosophy, religion, fashion or even a model. However, Jesus calls you from that pattern to Himself, the Shepherd and Bishop of your soul. It is a call to cross-bearing, uncompromising consecration, self-denial, doing deeds of mercy, servanthood, compassion, humility and faith in Him.
Jesus has promised that those who follow Him will reign with Him, receive hundredfold of what they have forsaken and inherit everlasting life (Matthew 19:28,29). As we go through life, we should allow the image of Calvary remain with us. Bear the cross daily.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Laying down Jesus’ cross leads to ruin.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 10-12
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 23 March 2020 Devotional – Following The Way Of The Cross, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 22 March 2020