Open Heaven 15 February 2020 Devotional – Questioning God? By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: QUESTIONING GOD?
“Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?” – (Isaiah 45:9)
READ: John 11:20-33 (KJV)
20. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him; but Mary sat still in the house.
21. Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23. Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live;
26. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27. She saith unto him, Yea, Lord; I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
28. And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
29. As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
30. Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
31. The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
32. Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
33. When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
MESSAGE Open Heaven 15 February 2020 Devotional:
I am always surprised when I see people question God. Usually, they ask “Why me?”
“But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.” – Psalm 115:3
God is sovereign, He does as He pleases. If the kings of small towns or villages in Yorubaland could be called ‘Kabio o si’, which means ‘None can question you’, how much more the King of the entire Universe – One who laid the foundations of the earth and created all things? It is complete insult to question God.
One man who questioned God in the Bible was Job. He had suffered a lot: he lost his children and all his wealth in a day. To make matters worse, incurable diseases showed up on his body even his wife turned against him. It is strange that all these happened to him despite God testifying that he was a perfect and upright man (Job 1:8). It was so frustrating for him that his questions occupy several chapters in the book of Job. Open Heaven 15 February 2020 Devotional
You may think his actions could be justified given all he had been through but God didn’t take it lightly. Like He is keeping quiet for most of the people questioning Him now, God didn’t say anything to Job until chapter 38. By the time He was through with His response, it was Job’s turn to be quiet. He was dumbfounded and afraid, realising the might of the One he had been questioning all along.
God is not your pair – stop questioning Him. He can see what you’re going through and He cares. Instead of questioning Him, why not go to Him in prayer and supplication? In our Bible reading today, you will observe that neither Mary nor Martha queried Jesus in spite of their anguish.
Rather, they worshipped and honoured Him. Little wonder Jesus responded to their tears with compassion and raised their brother from death. He cannot ignore the tears of His children. Cry to Him for help, ask Him for a way out of the situation, call other believers to pray with you, and you will begin to see changes in your situation.
KEY POINT Open Heaven 15 February 2020 Devotional:
Questioning God is only a waste of time and an insult to the Most High.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 8-10
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 15 February 2020 Devotional – Questioning God? By Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.