DCLM Daily Manna 15 February 2020 Devotional – The Patient God
DCLM Daily Manna 15 February 2020 Devotional – The Patient God written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE PATIENT GOD
TEXT: Exodus 7:14-25
14. And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh’s heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.
15. Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning; lo, he goeth out unto the water; and thou shalt stand by the river’s brink against he come; and the rod which was turned to a serpent shalt thou take in thine hand.
16. And thou shalt say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness; and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.
17. Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD; behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
18. And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.
19. And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.
20. And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.
21. And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.
22. And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments; and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said.
23. And Pharaoh turned and went into his house, neither did he set his heart to this also.
24. And all the Egyptians digged round about the river for water to drink; for they could not drink of the water of the river.
25. And seven days were fulfilled, after that the LORD had smitten the river.
KEY VERSE: “And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh’s heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.” – (Exodus 7:14)
MESSAGE DCLM Daily Manna 15 February 2020 Devotional:
God has limitless ways of bringing a man into subjection. That He allows the wicked to ply his trade and carry on as if the whole world is under his control is to prove His attribute of being a long-suffering Father.
If He had wanted to crush all Egypt to liberate Israel, He would have done so. It was not difficult for Him to strike all the Egyptians with the blindness to free the Israelites. But He knew what He was doing by bargaining with Pharaoh. Even before Moses opened his mouth to tell Him that Pharaoh remained adamant, He knew. He was being patient and wanted him to exhaust his period of grace.
God is a righteous Judge. He would not destroy Egypt without sufficient reason. Eventually, Pharaoh refused and rejected all the entreaties to release the people.
There are Pharaohs all over the places who carry out their wicked and rebellious activities on a day-to-day basis, thinking it is in their power to do so. These Pharaoh oppress, intimidate and hinder the progress of God’s people. Sometimes, believers would wish for instant judgment against them.
DCLM Daily Manna 15 February 2020 Devotional
Far from it! We must see the pattern of God’s dealings with man. He gives man long time to repent. It is after He must have exhausted all avenues of bringing Pharaoh to His senses that He allows him to stew in his own juice. Believers must have the mind of God by suffering long and waiting on Him to dispense judgment.
Wait on God and wait for Him. Do not run ahead of Him. He will surely deliver you. Despite Pharaoh’s headiness and high-handedness against Israel, at the end, he bit the dust. By the same token, all those who have elevated themselves to the status of Pharaoh against your progress will bow and you will laugh last.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
In His time, God makes all things beautiful.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 15th February 2020 Devotional – The Patient God written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 14 February 2020 Devotional