Open Heaven 12 March 2020 – Evangelism Tips: Before You Go, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: EVANGELISM TIPS: BEFORE YOU GO
MEMORISE: “No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.” – (Mark 3:27)
READ: Luke 9:1-6 (KJV)
1. Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
2. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
3. And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
4. And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
5. And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6. And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 12 March 2020:
It is unfortunate that many people go on evangelism without any preparation. They take secular assignments more seriously than the one most important to God. There are certain things you need to do before you go out on evangelism in order for it not to become a futile exercise.
First, you must ensure that you spend quality time in prayers, soaking in the Holy Spirit. Jesus told His disciples in Luke 24:49.
“And, behold, I send the promise of the Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.”
After intense prayers and the infilling of the Holy Spirit, when you speak to sinners, your words will come out like fire and many souls will be won to Christ like it happened for Peter on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:41). During this period is intimacy with God, boldness to preach is developed.
Peter was a very timid man; he even denied knowing Jesus when a young girl identified him as His disciple (Matthew 26:69-74), but after spending time in the upper room, he was facing rulers of the land and telling them boldly that he would not stop preaching the gospel (Acts 4:8-13). Today’s memory verse says:
“No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.”
Evangelism is a spiritual battle. The devil is the strong man referred to in the passage above. If you would rescue the sinner out of the strong man’s bondage, you must first bind him-bind the demons that have kept that fellow or community in captivity first, then frustrate all their activities and plans to keep the person or community captive for life. That way, the coast would be clear for you to rescue them from the hands of the devil.
KEY POINT – Open Heaven 12 March 2020:
The Holy Spirit is the One who convicts sinners; if you would win souls, then you must be filled with Him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 12 March 2020 – Evangelism Tips: Before You Go, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.