DCLM Daily Manna 9th April 2020 Devotional – A Passionate Prayer, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: A PASSIONATE PRAYER
TEXT: 1 Chronicles 4:1-10
1. The sons of Judah; Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal.
2. And Reaiah the son of Shobal begat Jahath; and Jahath begat Ahumai, and Lahad. These are the families of the Zorathites.
3. And these were of the father of Etam; Jezreel, and Ishma, and Idbash; and the name of their sister was Hazelelponi;
4. And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah. These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah, the father of Bethlehem. DCLM Daily Manna 9th April 2020 Devotional
5. And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
6. And Naarah bare him Ahuzam, and Hepher, and Temeni, and Haahashtari. These were the sons of Naarah.
7. And the sons of Helah were, Zereth, and Jezoar, and Ethnan.
8. And Coz begat Anub, and Zobebah, and the families of Aharhel the son of Harum.
9. And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
KEY VERSE: “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.” – (1 Chronicles 4:10)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 9th April 2020 Devotional:
God is a changeless changer of man, his situations and circumstances. He provides perfect solutions to man’s problems. The case of Jabez in our text is a classic example of how a bad life scenario was dramatically changed through a thoughtful and wise decision to approach God who alone has the power to make and unmake every situation through prayer and faith.
This Israelite, whose life had become synonymous with failure, shame and sorrows, had to break off the chains of frustration and disappointments when he made a heartrending prayer to God to rewrite the story of his life. God heard and granted his request. The aftereffect of his passionate prayer was that God made an honourable man of an erstwhile nobody. Our God is waiting for more sons and daughters who will dare pray to Him like Jabez, so that He would bless them.
The story of your life can be rewritten today if you will humbly approach the Lord in penitence for your sins and pride – beseech Him to cleanse you and clear every debt of sin you owe which demands judgment. The faithful judge of repentant sinners will discharge and acquit you this day.
You will have peace like a river and prosper like Jabez did. Through passionate prayer, we can bring succour to our helpless world. Call upon the One who answers prayer now and see things change in your life and ministry.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Prayers remains the key that opens heaven’s doors of abundance and prosperity.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 5-6
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 9th April 2020 Devotional – A Passionate Prayer, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.