DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2020 Devotional – His Abiding Faithfulness
DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2020 Devotional – His Abiding Faithfulness, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: HIS ABIDING FAITHFULNESS
TEXT: Isaiah 40:1-11
1. Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.
3. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain;
5. And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
6. The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field;
7. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it; surely the people is grass.
8. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
9. O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
10. Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
11. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd; he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
“He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.” – (Isaiah 40:11)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2020 Devotional:
The story was told of a saint who died and eventually got to heaven in spite of the turbulent Christian life. On arrival in heaven, he engaged our Lord Jesus Christ in a conversation. He showed him in a panoramic flashback, his Christian pilgrimage on earth immediately he became born again.
His Christian life was illustrated by footprints of two pairs of feet (his and Jesus Christ’s) on a sandy shore. They both traced the marks of the pairs of feet and got to a place where there was only a pair of feet, instead of two; the other pair had disappeared. The man became curious.
Tracing the history of his life, he realised that that time coincided with the period he faced the greatest challenges to his Christian faith. He was dejected and wondered aloud, “My Saviour, it appears you abandoned me during the period of my greatest travail. I could see only one pair of feet,” to which Jesus Christ replied, “No, that pair of feet were not yours but mine”. “Then where was I?” he wondered. “I was carrying you in my arms” was Jesus’ reply. DCLM Daily Manna 5th March 2020 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
The passage today is the affirmation of comfort and promise of assistance to God’s people. When Jesus Christ left the glory of the Father in heaven to come to the earth, He was armed with a job description (Luke 4:18). He was anointed to preach the gospel to the poor (in spirit), to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, the recovering of sight to the blind and to set at liberty those that are bruised.
Though He has gone to be with the Father, He still performs such functions to the redeemed today. And you can always be a partaker of glorious blessings if only you will dare submit to the majesty of His will.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s faithfulness and kindness are matchless and unsearchable.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 5 March 2020 Devotional – His Abiding Faithfulness, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 4 March 2020 Devotional