DCLM Daily Manna 28th March 2020 Devotional – Baseless Fear written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: BASELESS FEAR
TEXT: Genesis 12:10-20
10. And there was a famine in the land; and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land.
11. And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon;
12. Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This is his wife; and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.
13. Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister; that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.
14. And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair.
15. The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh; and the woman was taken into Pharaoh’s house.
16. And he entreated Abram well for her sake; and he had sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels.
17. And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram’s wife.
18. And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife?
19. Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife; now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.
20. And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him; and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.
KEY VERSE: “Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, this is his wife, and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.” – (Genesis 12:12)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 28th March 2020 Devotional:
Abraham, who had departed from his father’s house by faith was worried by famine. Instead of turning to God in prayer to know what to do or where to go, he moved to Egypt. While entering Egypt, he became afraid and hatched a plan to protect himself.
The reason for his fear was that he might be killed by the Egyptians who would want to have his wife. He, therefore, willingly gave his wife to save his life. His fears were baseless. He lied to receive favour in exchange for his wife. God had to step in to bring judgment on Pharaoh and his household.
Man often entertains baseless fears, resulting in pains. Fear of the future ranks high among the issues that create anxiety in people. Strangely, most of the fears we entertain are unfounded. It has been proven that an average person’s fear is focused on things that will never happen.
If you are apprehensive about a matter, commit it to the Lord in faith and leave it there. Abraham forgot the call on his life and went to Egypt without seeking God’s permission. He also forgot that God could supply his needs in times of famine wherever he lived.
Always remember that you are beloved of God and trust Him in times of lack, economic depression, distress, discouragement and sickness. When life’s challenges threaten, be strong, for God will save you (Isaiah 35:4).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Be strong, fear not; God will save you.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 28-30
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 28th March 2020 Devotional – Baseless Fear written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.