DCLM Daily Manna 20th April 2020 Today Devotional – Still Seeking The Master
DCLM Daily Manna 20th April 2020 Today Devotional – Still Seeking The Master, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: STILL SEEKING THE MASTER
TEXT: John 20:1-10
1. The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2. Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
3. Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
4. So they ran both together; and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
5. And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
6. Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
7. And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. DCLM Daily Manna 20th April 2020 Today Devotional
8. Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.
9. For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
10. Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.
KEY VERSE: “The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulcher.” – (John 20:1)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 20th April 2020 Today Devotional:
“Faith, like light, should always be simple and unbending”, says Martin Luther King Jnr. Mary Magdalene was a true symbol of that faith and who a committed and an unwavering disciple should be.
The Lord Jesus had been crucified and was buried prior to the compulsory Sabbath day that forced rest on all. His sepulcher was heavily guarded by security men sent by the chief priests and Pharisees to make sure “his disciples (did not) come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead…” (Matthew 27:62-66).
As it began to dawn on the first day of the week when it was yet dark, Mary Magdalene came to anoint His body only to discover the huge stone that covered the tomb had been rolled away. Unable to understand what had transpired, she went to report to Apostles Peter and John who also came, saw it and went back home. But Mary, who was determined to see her Saviour, stayed back.
The extraordinary courage and steadfastness of this blessed soul in defying all odds in her quest to find her crucified Master is reflective of a heart full of grace and gratitude towards a Saviour who had earlier delivered her from demonic possession (Luke 8:2) and saved her soul. God is never unmindful nor is He unrighteous to forget our work and labour of love (Hebrews 6:10). Christ is still calling His disciples to a wholehearted devotion and commitment to Him and His cause.
The all-consuming passion that Mary exhibited in seeking the Lord until she found Him must be the driving force that propels every believer to keep on following Christ at this present time so as to be with Him eventually in heaven (John 17:24).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: When you truly seek, you will find.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Romans 1-3
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 20th April 2020 Today Devotional – Still Seeking The Master, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.
DCLM Daily Manna 19th April 2020