DCLM Daily Manna 16th April 2020 Devotional – Don’t Forget written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: DON’T FORGET
TEXT: Joshua 24:1-13
1. And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before God.
2. And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor; and they served other gods.
3. And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.
4. And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau; and I gave unto Esau mount Seir, to possess it; but Jacob and his children went down into Egypt. DCLM Daily Manna 16th April 2020 Devotional
5. I sent Moses also and Aaron, and I plagued Egypt, according to that which I did among them; and afterward I brought you out.
6. And I brought your fathers out of Egypt; and ye came unto the sea; and the Egyptians pursued after your fathers with chariots and horsemen unto the Red sea.
7. And when they cried unto the LORD, he put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea upon them, and covered them; and your eyes have seen what I have done in Egypt; and ye dwelt in the wilderness a long season.
8. And I brought you into the land of the Amorites, which dwelt on the other side Jordan; and they fought with you; and I gave them into your hand, that ye might possess their land; and I destroyed them from before you.
9. Then Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab, arose and warred against Israel, and sent and called Balaam the son of Beor to curse you;
10. But I would not hearken unto Balaam; therefore he blessed you still; so I delivered you out of his hand.
11. And ye went over Jordan, and came unto Jericho; and the men of Jericho fought against you, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; and I delivered them into your hand.
- DCLM Daily Manna 16th April 2020 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
12. And I sent the hornet before you, which drave them out from before you, even the two kings of the Amorites; but not with thy sword, nor with thy bow.
13. And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat.
KEY VERSE: “And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat.” – (Joshua 24:13)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 16th April 2020 Devotional:
It is often said that those who fail to learn the lessons of history stand the danger of repeating its mistakes. Avoiding the mistakes of history then requires a constant remembrance of the events of history. Remembrance of past events triggered by sober or joyous moments tend to make us appreciate some pleasant memories or learn from the unpleasant ones, especially from missteps.
As revealed in our passage, God understands the power of history and its effect on people. For Israel, it was necessary to remind them again how God graciously and miraculously brought them from slavery into freedom; from a ‘no-people’ to a great-people status; how He deliverd them from Egyptian bondage; His matchless providence throughtout their journey in the wilderness and how He brought them to possess the Promised Land.
God instructed Joshua to recount and remind the people of His good dealings with them so they would learn to love and serve Him all their days.
The text today throws challenge to us. The Almighty has done gracious things for us; He saved us from sins and made us His own children; He grants us protection and provides for us. Indeed, God has been faithful.
Little wonder the psalmist in adoration, said, “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases: (Psalm 103:1-3).
We should always count our blessings, appreciate His goodness and serve this gracious and good God all the days of our lives. That is the secret of receiving more from Him!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A thoughtful person is a thankful person.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 20-21
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 16th April 2020 Devotional – Don’t Forget written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.