Open Heaven Wednesday 17th February 2021 Daily Devotional Message – Build For God
You are reading Open Heaven Devotional for Today Wednesday 17th February 2021; written by Pastor E.A Adeboye. May you be blessed as you read on.
TOPIC BUILD FOR GOD
MEMORISE: “Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste?” – Haggai 1:4
READ: Haggai 1:1-10 (KJV)
1. In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,
2. Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the LORD’S house should be built.
3. Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,
4. Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste?
5. Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
6. Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.
7. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
8. Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.
9. Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the LORD of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house.
10. Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit.
MESSAGE: OPEN HEAVEN WEDNESDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2021 DAILY DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE
There are certain kinds of offences that the head of a corporate organisation would not bother to address personally. However, there are also some other kinds of offences that would have to be addressed personally by the head of the organisation. This is similar to what happens in Heaven. All sins are evil, but there are certain sins which God may send an angel to punish he sinner, while there are some others that He addresses personally. One of such sins is leaving the house of God uncompleted.
God will fight anyone who leaves His house uncompleted by ensuring that any money such a fellow makes goes into a pocket with holes (Haggai 1:4-7).
Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste? Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. Thus saith the LORD of hosts: consider your ways. – Haggai 1:4-7.
Could it be that the reason you’ve been unable to do much with your income is that you don’t care to contribute to the completion of your local Church building? Today, God is saying “Consider your ways”. I don’t like it when I see God’s building project uncompleted, especially when I have the resources that can help complete it. I have discovered that in return, God has given me houses that I did not build and cars that I did not buy, including those I cannot afford.
One of my sons heard that we were building an auditorium in The Redeemed Christian Church of God and immediately sent me a huge sum of money in Naira. Within days, he got the same amount of money he had contributed, but in dollars. When you join in completing God’s building project, He will thank you wondrously, but when you ignore it, you may attract His wrath as it is recorded in our Bible reading today.
Never miss an opportunity to build for God.
ACTION POINT: If you have resources that can help to complete a church building project, contribute to it today. God will certainly reward you handsomely for it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 17-18
HYMNAL: HYMN 6 – GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS, O GOD MY FATHER
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou has been Thou forever wilt be.
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!
2. Summer and winter, and spring time and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide!
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Thank you for reading Today’s Open Heaven Wednesday 17th February 2021 Devotional Message – Build For God by Pastor E.A Adeboye. God bless you!