Open Heaven 23rd February 2020 – Reward Of Righteousness written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: Reward Of Righteousness
MEMORISE: “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.” – (Hebrews 1:9)
READ: Psalm 37:16-27 (KJV)
16. A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
17. For the arms of the wicked shall be broken; but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
18. The LORD knoweth the days of the upright; and their inheritance shall be for ever.
19. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20. But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs; they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
21. The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again; but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
22. For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
23. The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD; and he delighteth in his way.
24. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
25. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
26. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
27. Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 23rd February 2020:
“I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” – (Psalm 37:25)
An old man who had walked with God wrote the verse above. You could tell he had seen a lot in his lifetime. However, he had never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging for bread. This is good news – there are immense benefits in our sacrifice of righteousness.
You must know that righteousness benefits you and not God. Likewise, if you want to live a life of sin, it is you who will pay for it, not Him. Staying away from sin is for your own good. What are some of the rewards of righteousness?
1. No matter the kind of trouble a righteous person faces, it will never overcome him/her. The righteous will never be moved. No matter how great the storm, when it is over, he/she will still be standing (Psalm 55:22).
2. The righteous is always ahead of everyone else because he/she knows God’s secrets (Proverbs 3:32). James 5:16 says it is the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous that avails much. Thus, it is the prayers of the upright that are answered. Open Heaven 23rd February 2020
3. Blessings are also transferred to the seed of the righteous. Psalm 112:2 says that the seed of the upright will be mighty. I have always said that my children – biological and spiritual will be greater than I. This is because I know that if I live righteously and convince my children to do so too, the matter is settled. If God makes your children great, you will reap the benefits while you are alive, and when you are gone, your name will remain relevant. At least for the sake of your children, live holy.
Isaiah 3:10 says it will be well with the righteous and they shall reap the fruit of their doings. It pays to be upright; I am determined that as long as I live, holiness will be my lifestyle. Have you made that decision also?
PRAYER POINT: Father, help me to live a righteous life all through the rest of my life here on earth in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 1-2
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 23rd February 2020 – Reward Of Righteousness written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.