Open Heaven 13 February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 3
Open Heaven 13 February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 3 written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: The Beloved 3
MEMORISE: “Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.” – (John 13:23)
READ: John 13:21-26 (KJV)
21. When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
22. Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.
23. Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
24. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.
25. He then lying on Jesus’ breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?
26. Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
MESSAGE Open Heaven 13 February 2020 Devotional:
Jesus likes to be in the company of His co-labourers. Like we saw in His earthly ministry, at a time He was with ‘the five hundred’, then with ‘the seventy’, followed by ‘the twelve’, then ‘the three’, and finally ‘the one beloved’.
Imagine being a beloved in God’s company; you would be able to safely rest on His chest (John 13:23-26) and feel His heartbeat. You would hear secrets He won’t reveal to others.
“He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.” – Psalm 103:7
If there is going to be only one beloved of God in my generation, it must be me. I know I am God’s beloved because once in a while, He tells me secrets. He can tell you too, you only have to rest your head on His chest first.
He can’t trust you with His secrets if all you do is offer hasty prayers to Him rather than getting lost in His presence for hours every day.
Today: Open Heaven 13 February 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
The one who will receive special revelations from God must rest on His bosom daily. When by God’s grace, I announce the prophecies at the beginning of a new year, it is because I have spent time resting my head on the chest of my Master. Such revelations don’t come during five minutes prayers, they come with extended fellowship with God. During the Holy Ghost service, when by the inspiration of God, I say “There is someone here…” it is because I have shut myself in, fasting and praying, spending time on the chest of my Master for days before the programme.
If your head is just by the chest of the Master, you would have noticed that His heart is beating for souls. He is seriously looking for labourers who will win souls for Him. You can’t be His beloved and not talk to someone about Christ at every opportunity you have. If you want to become a beloved of God, start behaving like one right away.
If you claim to be His beloved, where are the souls you have won for Him?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 13th February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 3 written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.
Open Heaven 12 February 2020 Devotional