Open Heaven 12th April 2020 Daily Devotional (Easter Sunday) – He Lives Forever
TODAY’S TOPIC: HE LIVES FOREVER
MEMORISE: “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” – (John 14:3)
READ: John 20:1-9 (KJV)
1. The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2. Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
3. Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
4. So they ran both together; and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
5. And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
6. Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
7. And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
8. Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.
9. For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 12th April 2020 Daily Devotional (Easter Sunday):
The first thing Jesus’ resurrection from death does is that it assures us we are not serving a dead God. Our God is alive forevermore! Jesus Himself says in Revelations 1:18: “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen…”
When He rose and ascended to Heaven, He made room for the Holy Spirit to descend on us. According to John 16:7: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”
If you know me very well, you would know that I love the Holy Spirit. Oh, thank God that Jesus rose and ascended to Heaven. It is because He sent the Holy Spirit to us that we are able to heal the sick, make the barren fruitful and raise the dead. Open Heaven 12th April 2020 Daily Devotional (Easter Sunday)
Jesus’ rising up and going to sit at the right hand of the Father means that we have an advocate in Heaven, pleading our case. It is because He rose that no matter how dirty you are, no matter how far gone have been in the world, you can come to the throne of grace and obtain mercy from God because Jesus will plead for you. He has been tempted too, so you can share your temptations with Him and ask for grace to overcome them like He did His.
Ultimately, when He arose, He went to prepare a place for his people in Heaven. Those of us who love Him do His will (John 14:15) and we have the assurance that a mansion is waiting for us in Heaven when we leave this world (John 14:3). This however, is sad news for those who commit sin, because they will be going to hell with the devil (Matthew 25:41). Do not allow Jesus’ death and resurrection be in vain over your life.
KEY POINT: With your current lifestyle, are you amongst those whom Jesus has prepared a mansion for in Heaven?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 18-20
HYMNAL(Open Heaven 12th April 2020 Daily Devotional (Easter Sunday):
Hymn 3 – Be glad in the Lord and rejoice
1. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!
2. Be joyful, for He is the Lord,
On earth and in heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules by His word;
The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.
3. What tho’ in the conflict for right
Your enemies almost prevail!
God’s armies, just hid from your sight,
Are more than the foes which assail.
4. Tho’ darkness surround you by day,
Your sky by the night be o’ercast,
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.
5. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
His praises proclaiming in song;
With harp, and with organ, and voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 12th April 2020 Daily Devotional (Easter Sunday) – He Lives Forever, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.