Entertainment Gist

Hero dies trying to save children from world’s second most poisonous snake

Hero dies trying to save children from world

A man gave his life while trying to save a group of children from the world’s second most poisonous snake.


Jeremy Brookes, 47, died on March 19 after he ran to the rescue of a childcare center in Deeragun, Townsville, north Queensland, Australia, where he was bitten three times by the highly venomous eastern brown snake, the second most venomous in the world.


Brookes, who had been called to the premises by a relative, had had no previous handling practice with the lethal serpents before.


After receiving three bites to the arm Brookes decided to drive back to his home where, despite his wife’s efforts at bandaging him up, he suffered a heart attack.


Hero dies trying to save children from world


Ms Marten praised the efforts of his wife adding: “If you’re not aware of snakes, then treat them all as if they are venomous — contact triple-0 and apply the basic first aid measures.”


Professional snake catcher Ben Avery warned that only trained catchers should approach the serpents.


Hero dies trying to save children from world


He said: “Just do not touch it, call a licensed professional snake catcher. Neurotoxic venom, they are going to start affecting your muscles, your heart, and every single organ.”


Brookes who leaves behind his wife, three children, and grandchildren, is the first person to die from a snake bite this year in Australia. His death has now been handed over to the coroner.


Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

We maintain the site through ads that show on it. We may not be able to publish these contents if we stop maintaining the site. Please unblock Ads.