DCLM Daily Manna March 1st 2020 – Tribulation Before Triumph
DCLM Daily Manna March 1st 2020 Devotional – Tribulation Before Triumph written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: TRIBULATION BEFORE TRIUMPH
TEXT: Acts 14:19-28
19. And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.
20. Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city; and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.
21. And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,
22. Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
23. And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
24. And after they had passed throughout Pisidia, they came to Pamphylia.
25. And when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down into Attalia;
26. And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled.
27. And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.
28. And there they abode long time with the disciples.
KEY VERSE – DCLM Daily Manna March 1st 2020 Devotional: “And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.” – (Acts 14:21,22)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna March 1st 2020 Devotional:
A recruiting sergeant often slips a shilling into the hand of some ignorant youths and tells them the military service is a fine thing; that they have nothing to do but walk about in their flaming kits, do parades, march past and be involved in flamboyant ceremonies. When such youths eventually enlist in the army, they discover that life as a soldier is far from a bed of roses; that there are inconvenient exercises, hard battles to be fought and a possibility of dying in service.
Paul the apostle did not attempt to describe discipleship to the new converts by highlighting only the pleasantness and joy in Christ while shielding away the hard truths of tribulation and sorrow which often interject the joy of the believer. He, himself, demonstrated remarkable courage by venturing into places where he had been persecuted and stoned. In the face of danger, he returned to encourage and console the converts, telling them that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
There are times when ministers should not count their own lives dear to them but should fearlessly throw themselves into the Lord’s battle, confiding only in the protecting care of their God and Saviour. DCLM Daily Manna March 1st 2020 Devotional
As a believer, though some things may apparently be against you now, rest assured that God has made a reservation on your behalf. In the roll of your griefs, there is a saving clause. He will deliver and provide for you. Why not let the glory that shall be revealed after our tribulation be a source of consolation to you?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
When God ordains, He sustains.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna March 1st 2020 Devotional – Tribulation Before Triumph written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 29th February 2020 Devotional