DCLM Daily Manna 4th March 2020 Devotional – Faith For The Impossible, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: FAITH FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE
TEXT: Isaiah 38:1-8
1. In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
2. Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD,
3. And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
4. Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying,
5. Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears; behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
6. And I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city.
7. And this shall be a sign unto thee from the LORD, that the LORD will do this thing that he hath spoken;
8. Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.
KEY VERSE – DCLM Daily Manna 4th March 2020 Devotional:
“Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD.” – (Isaiah 38:2)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 4th March 2020:
Challenges come in life at various times, from various sources and for various reasons. These challenges could sometimes shake a man to the very foundation of his life. At such times, only faith would avail.
Hezekiah had been very sick and God, through the Prophet Isaiah, announced his death as the inevitable result of the sickness. Hezekiah’s response in earnest prayer and confidence in God’s ability to heal his physical illness attracted divine mercy and immediate answer to his petition. He did not only get healed, he also had fifteen extra years added to his life span. How the prayer of faith calms the storm!
Two things are notable in this dramatic episode. One, the exemplary response of Hezekiah to the seemingly ‘unchangeable’ prophecy from a recognized and respected man of God. Two, the speed by which heaven responded to his request: “And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD” (2 Kings 20:4,5).
If Hezekiah could through faith reverse his negative situation, change the mind of God and get extra fifteen years, then, you too can change that negative medical record against your life, unlock every door the enemy has shut against you, attract the mercy of God and calm all storms presently raging in your life, home, career, secular work and ministry. “If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth” (Mark 9:23).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
True faith cannot be turned down!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 4th March 2020 Devotional – Faith For The Impossible, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.