DCLM Daily Manna 29th February 2020 – Saved To Serve, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: SAVED TO SERVE
TEXT: Acts 14:1-7
1. And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.
2. But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.
3. Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.
4. But the multitude of the city was divided; and part held with the Jews, and part with the apostles.
5. And when there was an assault made both of the Gentiles, and also of the Jews with their rulers, to use them despitefully, and to stone them,
6. They were ware of it, and fled unto Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia, and unto the region that lieth round about;
7. And there they preached the gospel.
KEY VERSE: “And there they preached the gospel.” – (Acts 14:7)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 29th February 2020:
In this world where materialism holds sway, one of the cardinal principles that govern social interaction, particularly in business is ‘Quid pro quo’ – that is, nothing goes for nothing. In the U.S., the Yankees often intone, “there is no free lunch in New York”. But there is free lunch and much more with God. He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for the sins of all humanity.
The sinner, therefore, needs not pay any price for the salvation of his soul. The Almighty freely forgives the iniquities of the sinner. We need to reciprocate this great kindness by passing on the message of salvation.
In this passage, we see the apostles fleeing to Lystra and Derbe when they became aware of the determined hostility against them because of their preaching in Iconium. Many today have abandoned the preaching of the gospel because of real or imagined hostility against them by opposers of the gospel. Yet, they fail to realise that there are no rights without corresponding responsibilities. The price for our redemption was paid with the life of the sinless Son of God. We are not redeemed to remain idle.
The reason God has left us here on earth after we become born again is so that we can serve. And the greatest service we can render to Him, in appreciation for the vicarious death of Jesus Christ for our salvation, is to preach the gospel.
Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins; we must spread the good news to reciprocate His kind gesture.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The redeemed is saved to serve.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 29th February 2020 – Saved To Serve, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.