DCLM Daily Manna 26th March 2020 Devotional – A Call To Blessing
DCLM Daily Manna 26th March 2020 Devotional – A Call To Blessing, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: A CALL TO BLESSING
TEXT: Genesis 12:1-9
1. Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee;
2. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing;
3. And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
4. So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him; and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
5. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.
6. And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.
7. And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land; and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.
8. And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east; and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD.
9. And Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south.
KEY VERSE: “Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of them a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.” – (Genesis 12:1,2)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 26th March 2020 Devotional:
God asked a Christian man to leave Aba in South-East Nigeria for Abeokuta in South-West. The man was asked to become a minister in a particular church when he got there. But he refused to go because he felt he was already settled and comfortable in Aba.
Fifteen years later, trouble set in. He lost everything he had acquired in Aba to the government and to wicked men. He was lucky to still have his children. He then decided to go to Abeokuta as earlier instructed by God. But on reaching there, he noticed that a younger man was already in the church. He was told that 15 years earlier, God had raised the young man to perform mighty works in Abeokuta.
The man’s revival even influenced other South-Western states. It then dawned on him that his disobedience had cost him his ministry.
In our text, God called Abram out of his kindred and father’s house to an unknown land. This was to make him a great nation, a great name, and a blessing. Abram was not in doubt of the faithfulness of God and obeyed. Thus, God promised to give his seed a vast territory with many blessings. DCLM Daily Manna 26th March 2020
Some believers entertain a doubt about God’s ability to fulfill His promises because they do not have full knowledge of who He is. God is ever faithful. He is consistently reliable and eternally immutable. His promises cannot fail. Naturally, men sometimes fail to fulfill their promises but God never fails. He is unchangeable and cannot lie.
What hinders our fellowship with this immutable God is unbelief and disobedience like the man in the story above. God calls you today to leave sin behind and come to a life of blessing through faith in Christ. Respond positively to the call like Abraham and hold on to the promises of God for you, no matter the odds.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s call is a call to blessings.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 21-24
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 26th March 2020 Devotional – A Call To Blessing, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2020