DCLM Daily Manna 24th February 2020 – Mighty To Save by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: MIGHTY TO SAVE
TEXT: Isaiah 33:13-24
13. Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done; and, ye that are near, acknowledge my might.
14. The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
15. He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
16. He shall dwell on high; his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks; bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
17. Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty; they shall behold the land that is very far off.
18. Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?
19. Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand.
20. Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities; thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.
21. But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.
22. For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.
23. Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail; then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey.
24. And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick; the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.
KEY VERSE: “And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.” – (Isaiah 33:24)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 24th February 2020:
Only through Christ Jesus can mankind secure the double cure for the double malady of sin and sickness.
Our passage today shows the reaction of the inhabitants of Zion to the miraculous defeat of the Assyrian army and portrays the final defeat of the antichrist and false prophets by Christ. God has used the events to call all that are near and afar to consider their ways and turn to Him.
First, we see the hypocritical sinners in Zion gripped with fear at the mighty power and holiness of God. “Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burning?” Throughout the ages, the response of God has always been the same to all who seek to be in His presence (Psalm 15:2, 24:4). He is gracious and merciful to those who walk righteously, speak uprightly, avoid oppression, deceit and blood-guiltiness. Those with clean hands and a pure heart will see the King in His beauty.
How then can sinful and defiled man come before the Most High God? It is only through repentance from sin and faith in Christ’s atoning work. God sent Jesus Christ to take away our sin and cleanse us from its pollutions. He came and preached repentance and new birth as a means of coming into the presence of the holy God. “From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matthew 4:17).
DCLM Daily Manna 24th February 2020 by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
The benefits of a right relationship with God and living according to His word are many: we enjoy safety and security from our foes, healing from diseases and the final salvation with God in eternity. Indeed, it can rightly be said of those who make Jehovah their Lord, “Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins” (Isaiah 40:2).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
He who saves also cleanses from all sin.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading today’s Message Mighty To Save – DCLM Daily Manna 24th February 2020 by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.