DCLM Daily Manna 23rd April 2020 Devotional – Trusting God, Our Helper, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: TRUSTING GOD, OUR HELPER
TEXT: Psalm 115:1-11
1. Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth’s sake.
2. Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
3. But our God is in the heavens; he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
4. Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands.
5. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;
6. They have ears, but they hear not; noses have they, but they smell not;
7. They have hands, but they handle not; feet have they, but they walk not; neither speak they through their throat.
8. They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
9. O Israel, trust thou in the LORD; he is their help and their shield.
10. O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD; he is their help and their shield.
11. Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; he is their help and their shield.
KEY VERSE: “Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.” – (Psalm 115:11)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 23rd April 2020 Devotional:
One of the stories from Kathryn Kuhlman’s book, I believe in Miracles, tells the story of a couple, Charles and Given Woods whose elder daughter, 13-year-old Sheryl suffered greatly from epileptic seizures which kept on aggravating. Doctors had done all they could without any clue.
The girl, brilliant and athletic, fell in school in one of the games which gradually developed into a nightmare for the family that the mother wished she would die to end her excruciating sufferings.
But while attending Kuhlman’s revival service, the father heard a voice saying, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee…” To the glory of God, during their second visit, the young girl was completely healed.
Our text can be summarised under three main ideas. One, all glory must be given to God alone for His mercies as He remains the sovereign God (verses 1-3); two, the idols of the heathen are lifeless and useless (verses 4-8); three, we are to trust in God because in Him lies our help (verses 9-11). DCLM Daily Manna 23rd April 2020
Without God, man is hopeless and helpless. He is our present help in trouble. Think of Abraham who lived in a strange land, prospered, became old and eventually went to heaven. David fought many battles and never lost any. Paul the apostle travelled to diverse nations to preach the gospel and he established many churches. God helped them all.
Our help comes from God who neither sleeps nor slumbers. He shall preserve us from all evil as we trust Him. Unfortunately, many still think their wealth, position and education can save them. Those things cannot, and will not save. We must keep on trusting Him because His thoughts towards us are thoughts of peace-to give us an expected end, We should always trust God to “Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.”
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Earthly help is short-lived but God’s is peaceful and long-lasting.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Romans 10-12
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 23rd April 2020 Devotional – Trusting God, Our Helper, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.