DCLM Daily Manna 22nd March 2020 Devotional – Jesus: The Yoke Breaker
DCLM Daily Manna 22nd March 2020 Devotional – Jesus: The Yoke Breaker, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: Jesus: The Yoke Breaker
TEXT: Isaiah 10:20-34
20. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
21. The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.
22. For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return; the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.
23. For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land.
24. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian; he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
25. For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.
26. And the LORD of hosts shall stir up a scourge for him according to the slaughter of Midian at the rock of Oreb; and as his rod was upon the sea, so shall he lift it up after the manner of Egypt.
27. And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. DCLM Daily Manna 22nd March 2020
28. He is come to Aiath, he is passed to Migron; at Michmash he hath laid up his carriages;
29. They are gone over the passage; they have taken up their lodging at Geba; Ramah is afraid; Gibeah of Saul is fled.
30. Lift up thy voice, O daughter of Gallim; cause it to be heard unto Laish, O poor Anathoth.
31. Madmenah is removed; the inhabitants of Gebim gather themselves to flee.
32. As yet shall he remain at Nob that day; he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.
33. Behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, shall lop the bough with terror; and the high ones of stature shall be hewn down, and the haughty shall be humbled.
34. And he shall cut down the thickets of the forest with iron, and Lebanon shall fall by a mighty one.
KEY VERSE: “And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.” – (Isaiah 10:27)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 22nd March 2020 Devotional:
Few years ago, a middle-aged woman living in Texas had cancer. To seek solution to her ailment, she visited many healing centres but to no avail. One day in her local church, the pastor asked the congregation to sing and worship God. And she was there. Twenty minutes into the worship service, she felt pains over her body and fell. When she rise up two minutes later, she noticed that all the lumps had disappeared. Jesus had taken away the cancer off her.
Our text highlights the return of the remnant of Israel to God. Initially, they were like the sand of the sea but we’re reduced to a remnant because of disobedience and the judgment of God. Yet, God’s anger on His people was for a brief moment and He delivered Israel from the hands of their enemies. He assured them He would destroy the yoke because of the anointing and He did fulfil the promise.
- DCLM Daily Manna 22nd March 2020 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
Yoke is what slows you down spiritually and physically. It could be sickness, bad luck, discouragement and other forms of afflictions of the devil. When Jesus, the anointed One, comes into your life, He will break every yoke and set you at liberty. Where He is, there is anointing. Jesus is the true yoke Breaker.
This is the day of your deliverance and proclamation of it. Israel, the chosen nation, was set free from Assyrian oppression by the power of the anointing. So must you be set free if you are a believer in Jesus Christ. When a person in authority makes a decree, it stands. Jesus, the anointed One, decrees full liberation into your life through His anointing and all your yokes are broken. Yokes of sins, sicknesses, diseases, demonic oppressions, afflictions, depression and unemployment are broken. Receive deliverance from all yokes from Jesus, the yoke Breaker.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You are free by reason of the anointing!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 7-9
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 22nd March 2020 Devotional – Jesus: The Yoke Breaker, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.
DCLM Daily Manna 21 March 2020 Devotional