DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2020 – Unity of Purpose, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: Unity Of Purpose
TEXT: Exodus 8:16-24
16. And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt.
17. And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man, and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt.
18. And the magicians did so with their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they could not; so there were lice upon man, and upon beast.
19. Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God; and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
20. And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
21. Else, if thou wilt not let my people go, behold, I will send swarms of flies upon thee, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thy houses; and the houses of the Egyptians shall be full of swarms of flies, and also the ground whereon they are.
22. And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end thou mayest know that I am the LORD in the midst of the earth.
23. And I will put a division between my people and thy people; to morrow shall this sign be.
24. And the LORD did so; and there came a grievous swarm of flies into the house of Pharaoh, and into his servants’ houses, and into all the land of Egypt; the land was corrupted by reason of the swarm of flies.
KEY VERSE: “And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt.” (Exodus 8:16)
MESSAGE DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2020:
This particular plague came unannounced and so, the magicians could not prepare their own tricks to counterfeit it. In this case, they had to confess, “This is the finger of God!” The devil has a limit. But our focus in this passage is the sweet collaboration that existed between Moses and Aaron.
Aaron was the elder brother of Moses; but God’s anointing was on Moses. It was he who received the call. His elder brother was brought into fellowship by the special favour of God. Since God commanded Moses to go meet Pharaoh with Aaron who would be his prophet, both of them had been working as one man.
In the chapter under consideration, Aaron played a prominent role in convincing Pharaoh that God had indeed sent them. There was no schism between them. There is one driving force and overriding purpose for their collaboration. They were seeking deliverance for the captive Israelites and wanted to lead them to the Promised Land. Aaron knew he had to amicably work with Moses to achieve this mission.
Believers need to work in harmony to realize their ambition of going to heaven. They must work with the leadership of the church to bring the good news to sinners and prepare them for the kingdom of God through obedience and submission to His revealed will. As believers, we are saved to work for the salvation of others. DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2020 – Unity of Purpose
Aaron’s submission to the leadership of Moses, his brother, is instructive. We must moderate our ambition and humbly work with those who by divine calling, have been put in leadership. To receive the best from God, we must therefore, imbibe the spirit of humility that enabled Moses and Aaron to jointly elevate God before the Egyptians. We will accomplish more for the Lord if we are united. There is power in unity!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Unity brings progress.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2020 – Unity of Purpose by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.