DCLM Daily Manna 15th March 2020 Devotional – Man’s Golden Era, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: MAN’S GOLDEN ERA
TEXT: Isaiah 9:1-7
1. Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2. The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
3. Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy; they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
4. For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.
5. For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.
6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
KEY VERSE – DCLM Daily Manna 15th March 2020 Devotional :
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” – (Isaiah 9:6)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 15th March 2020 Devotional:
Man will always stand in awe of the vision of the coming King which was revealed to Prophet Isaiah. However, it was not to happen in the prophet’s day. According to the Lord’s arrangement, Jesus would be God’s Gift to humanity. The magnificent revelation surpassed all others shown to men of God.
Later, when He arrived He told His followers that the men of old were only shown the vision of the coming Lord. They “desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them”. Apostle Peter later spoke in the same vein. He said the prophets “enquired and searched diligently… what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.”
Truly, the glory did follow when the Lord arrived. He fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah chapter 9, as He did in the case of the Virgin Birth prophecy in Isaiah chapter 7. His death also brought to reality the image of the sacrificial Lamb in Isaiah chapter 53.
DCLM Daily Manna 15th March 2020 Devotional Every move of His – healing the sick, raising the dead, opening the eyes of the blind, cleansing the leper, dealing with evil spirits, bringing hope to the hopeless and above all, forgiving sinners and giving man salvation to make heaven – were all manifestations of divine authority no human being could display.
There are two reasons man ought to be grateful to God. First, He allowed Jesus to humbly succumb to the Father’s demand to die for us to fulfil the law. Second, we need to appreciate Christ for returning us to the Father, our loving Creator, after we wronged Him. In Christ Jesus, we are reunited with God. For all that the Lord has done for us, we need to reverentially honour and give our lives to Him in gratitude.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Man ran from God in the Garden of Eden; Christ brought him back to his Creator at Calvary.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 26-28
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 15th March 2020 Devotional – Man’s Golden Era, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.