DCLM Daily Manna 13 March 2020 Devotional – Strength In God’s Presence, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi.
TODAY’S TOPIC: STRENGTH IN GOD’S PRESENCE
TEXT: Isaiah 8:1-8
1. Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man’s pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.
2. And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.
3. And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.
4. For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.
5. The LORD spake also unto me again, saying,
6. Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah’s son;
7. Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory; and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks;
8. And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.
KEY VERSE – DCLM Daily Manna 13 March 2020 Devotional:
“Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks.” – (Isaiah 8:7)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 13 March 2020 Devotional:
In order to enjoy God’s presence and favour all the time, a person must always surround himself with those who have the presence of God in their lives. A contrary disposition will not only keep the Lord away, but also create cracks for the hosts of hell to set in; thus, leading to the fierce fury of the Judge of heaven and earth. The presence of God begets more of His presence. His absence induces the presence of everything associated with evil.
At a time in the days of the ungodly King Ahaz of Judah, Israel and Syria waged war on Jerusalem. Instead of counting on God for victory, Ahaz reached for an unequally godless Assyrian monarch. Both did not have the presence of the Lord in their undertakings. God said He would use these same forces of Assyria to punish Judah. The Lord said the Assyrian army would overrun the land, suggesting total conquest.
The Lord reveals that these descendants of Abraham could have resorted to the refreshing promises of protection He had for them in the land. These could have been their bulwark against any invading enemy. But, alas, said God, “this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly.” This refers to the spring of water in Jerusalem and it is representative of the serenity and the security that come when you put your trust in the Lord. DCLM Daily Manna 13 March 2020 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi.
The world has since gone the way of Ahaz and Judah with its repudiation of God and His demand for uncompromising holiness as a lifestyle in every facet of man’s enterprise. There have been dire consequences, as the divine law has not changed. Punishment will come upon those who desert God. The way out, as it has always been, is to move away from all that displeases the Lord, surround ourselves with His presence and get nourishment to attract more of His goodness.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is strength in the presence of God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 19-21
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 13 March 2020 Devotional – Strength In God’s Presence, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.