DCLM Daily Manna 13 February 2020 Devotional – Returns
DCLM Daily Manna 13 February 2020 Devotional – Returns, written by Pastor W. F Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: Return!
TEXT: Ruth 1:6-12
6. Then she arose with her daughters in law, that she might return from the country of Moab; for she had heard in the country of Moab how that the LORD had visited his people in giving them bread.
7. Wherefore she went forth out of the place where she was, and her two daughters in law with her; and they went on the way to return unto the land of Judah.
8. And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother’s house; the LORD deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.
9. The LORD grant you that ye may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
10. And they said unto her, Surely we will return with thee unto thy people.
11. And Naomi said, Turn again, my daughters; why will ye go with me? are there yet any more sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
12. Turn again, my daughters, go your way; for I am too old to have an husband. If I should say, I have hope, if I should have an husband also to night, and should also bear sons;
KEY VERSE: “Then she arose with her daughters in law, that she might return from the country of Moab: for she had heard in the country of Moab how that the LORD had visited his people in giving them bread.” – (Ruth 1:6)
MESSAGE DCLM Daily Manna 13 February 2020 Devotional:
At one time or the other, a natural man undertakes a dangerous journey since he is not being guided by the Spirit of God. But what makes a difference is the ability of those who may have embarked on such journeys to return to their original point. Man was made of God’s image but he deviated and took a journey into sin; but it takes the shed blood of Jesus Christ to cause man to return to his Maker. Hence, the plea, “Return, O backsliding Israel”.
There are many people today who have strayed and wandered away from God into a strange land but have no intention to return home. They may have embarked on such dangerous journey in search of pleasure and freedom. But in the process, they lost everything and are ashamed to return home. Naomi decided to return home. She knew that home must always be home. The prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) knew that there’s a difference between home and strange land. He decided to return to his father, even though he had messed up.
Dear friend, wherever you may be outside God’s embrace, He expects you to return. There is still room for you in your Father’s house. Jesus is calling all prodigal sons and daughters to return home for there is now abundance in our Father’s house.
Naturally, when a prodigal son returns, some would make jest of him and wonder why he decided to return. But those who commend the decision to return are always in the majority. When a sinner or backslider returns to the fold of God’s children, Satan and his agents are not always happy. But there is always joy in heaven and among the brethren that a sinner has come home.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Why not return to the Lord now?
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Mark 7-10
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 13 February 2020 Devotional – Returns, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi.
DCLM Daily Manna 12 February 2020 Devotional