DCLM Daily Manna 11 March 2020 Devotional – When The Lord Steps In, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: WHEN THE LORD STEPS IN
TEXT: Psalm 18:29-50
29. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
30. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried; he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
32. It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation; and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.
37. I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them; neither did I turn again till they were consumed.
38. I have wounded them that they were not able to rise; they are fallen under my feet.
39. For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle; thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
40. Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.
41. They cried, but there was none to save them; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
42. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind; I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
43. Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen; a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
44. As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me; the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.
45. The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.
46. The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.
47. It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me.
48. He delivereth me from mine enemies; yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me; thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
49. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.
50. Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.
KEY VERSE: “I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.” – (Psalm 18:37)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 11 March 2020 Devotional:
When the Lord steps into any situation, nothing remains the same again. If things were rosy for the child of God before His appearance, they would become rosier. If you are passing through tough times and the Lord comes into the picture, the negative circumstances give way. The edifice of evil put up by the devil to make you grieve is pulled down and joy takes over. As a child of God, if you are fleeing from the powers of darkness who want you to fall and die in sin, the sudden intervention of the Lord can turn the tables.
That was David’s experience in the reading for meditation. After painting a dreary picture of how the enemy almost subdued him with superior physical power, he spoke of the Lord revealing Himself on his behalf when he cried to Him. DCLM Daily Manna 11 March 2020 Devotional
Inviting the Lord into one’s circumstances changes the narrative. David who was the prey became the hunter, according to his testimony. “I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed” (verse 37). The Lord effected a complete reversal of roles, with the hunted transforming into the hunter. The Lord did that because “he sheweth mercy to his anointed… and to his seed for evermore.”
Every sincere believer who has been forgiven his or her sins and has received Jesus as Lord and Saviour is the Lord’s anointed who can also enjoy the mercy David got to make him conquer the roaming enemy that was out to destroy him. What unquantifiable privileges and blessings sinners and backsliders are missing as a result of their alienation from Jesus Christ! The Lord is no respecter of persons. If the lost should come to Him now in penitence and complete submission, they will be forgiven and given power to defeat their enemies.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You are anointed for triumph over Satan if you have Jesus.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 14-15
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 11 March 2020 Devotional – When The Lord Steps In, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.