DCLM Daily Manna 10th April 2020 Devotional – Statesmanly Encouragement
DCLM Daily Manna 10th April 2020 Devotional – Statesmanly Encouragement, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: STATESMANLY ENCOURAGEMENT
TEXT: Joshua 17:8-18
8. Now Manasseh had the land of Tappuah; but Tappuah on the border of Manasseh belonged to the children of Ephraim;
9. And the coast descended unto the river Kanah, southward of the river; these cities of Ephraim are among the cities of Manasseh; the coast of Manasseh also was on the north side of the river, and the outgoings of it were at the sea;
10. Southward it was Ephraim’s, and northward it was Manasseh’s, and the sea is his border; and they met together in Asher on the north, and in Issachar on the east.
11. And Manasseh had in Issachar and in Asher Bethshean and her towns, and Ibleam and her towns, and the inhabitants of Dor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Endor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Taanach and her towns, and the inhabitants of Megiddo and her towns, even three countries.
12. Yet the children of Manasseh could not drive out the inhabitants of those cities; but the Canaanites would dwell in that land. DCLM Daily Manna 10th April 2020 Devotional
13. Yet it came to pass, when the children of Israel were waxen strong, that they put the Canaanites to tribute; but did not utterly drive them out.
14. And the children of Joseph spake unto Joshua, saying, Why hast thou given me but one lot and one portion to inherit, seeing I am a great people, forasmuch as the LORD hath blessed me hitherto?
15. And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.
16. And the children of Joseph said, The hill is not enough for us; and all the Canaanites that dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both they who are of Bethshean and her towns, and they who are of the valley of Jezreel.
17. And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power; thou shalt not have one lot only;
18. But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down; and the outgoings of it shall be thine; for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.
KEY VERSE: “And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power: thou shalt not have one lot only.” – (Joshua 17:17)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 10th April 2020 Devotional:
The children of Joseph consisting of the house of Manasseh and Ephraim were strong-minded, enterprising as well as valiant men of war. Joshua referred to them as great people with great power who were uninhibited and having enormous strength to conquer and possess as much land as they desired. Joshua’s assessment and encouragement of this tribe to go for more of the Promised Land is commendable.
This shows that the leader and statesmen knew God’s plan for the children of Israel concerning the land of Canaan and would want all the tribes to secure and control as much of the land as God and their strength would permit.
It is God that gives us power to possess wealth. We must shun laxity and a false sense of satisfaction. We must not be like Esau who told Jacob his brother that he had enough when in fact he was truly poor of grace, truth, love, forgiveness and other virtues that endear one to God.
Like Joshua, we must urge and encourage fellow believers to reach out to greater heights in their spiritual and secular pursuits. The Spirit of Christ dwelling in us conquers and dominates. He has assured us as conquering champions that all things are ours by the mention of His name.
But as the Lord equips us, He expects us to deploy our energies more for spiritual goals such as going the length and breadth of the world to fulfil the demands of the Great Commission. We must conquer every soul for our Redeemer.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Christ in us makes us great people equipped to accomplish exploits.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 7-8
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 10th April 2020 Devotional – Statesmanly Encouragement, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 9th April 2020 Devotional