DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional – The Ultimate Shelter
DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional – The Ultimate Shelter, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE ULTIMATE SHELTER
TEXT: Psalm 18:1-19
1. I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
2. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
4. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
5. The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me.
6. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God; he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
7. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
8. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured; coals were kindled by it.
9. He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
10. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly; yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
11. He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
12. At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
13. The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
14. Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.
15. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
16. He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.
17. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me; for they were too strong for me.
18. They prevented me in the day of my calamity; but the LORD was my stay.
19. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
KEY VERSE – DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional:
“He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.” – (Psalm 18:19)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional:
A bunker is a defensive military fortification designed to protect people and valued materials from falling bombs or other enemy attacks. Chiefly underground, they were deployed during the two world wars and in the long period of the cold war that followed the second global conflict in the 20th century.
But they were not invincible. They would fail in the event of very powerful blasts or when hit by bunker-busting warheads developed to penetrate hardened targets buried deep underground.
These military-type shelters, despite their limitations, might have come in handy for David to hide as Saul and other enemies sought to destroy him. Caves, mountains and the wilderness were his hideouts. Death always stalked him and fellow fugitives, numbering about six hundred as informants exposed him often.
Finally, after being severely buffeted by the “sorrows of death,” “the sorrows of hell,” and the “floods of ungodly men,” David ran into the arms of God, the ultimate and unfailing Shelter, more secure than a thousand and one bunkers put together. That was where he got deliverance and sweet relief. Thereafter, instead of walking in the shadows of caves and mountains for the fear of Saul, he was brought “into a large place” by God. DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional
Today, Jesus Christ is the Tower all men and women worldwide should run to for deliverance from a warring Satan and his agents. The sinner needs Him for the salvation of his soul. The backslider must go to Him for restoration to his first love. How about the redeemed? We must remain with Him in faithfulness and ask for more grace to continue to serve Him in righteousness and holiness till the end.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Trusting in God thrusts you into His everlasting arms for protection.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 11-13
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional – The Ultimate Shelter, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
DCLM Daily Manna 10 March 2020 Devotional