Open Heaven 30th April 2020 – Practical Christian Witnessing, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: Practical Christian Witnessing
MEMORISE: “Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” – (Acts 2:47)
READ: Acts 4:31-37 (KJV)
31. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul; neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus; and great grace was upon them all. Open Heaven 30th April 2020
34. Neither was there any among them that lacked; for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35. And laid them down at the apostles’ feet; and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
36. And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
37. Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 30th April 2020 Daily Devotional
All Christians are called to witness the gospel of Christ to the whole world. This witnessing entails telling sinners, the wicked, poor, sick, oppressed, bound, and hopeless about the power of God to set them free. Christians usually witness to others by presenting themselves as beneficiaries of the grace, mercy and love of Jesus so others may follow in their footsteps by accepting Him as their Lord and Saviour.
Unfortunately, many Christians witness for Jesus in words alone. For this category of witness, their lifestyles contradict the message they preach and this pushes the unsaved further from salvation. This is where practical Christian witnessing comes into play.
Practical Christian witnessing is Christianity without pretense. It is revealed in behaviour, proven by action performance, tested by trial and undeterred by persecution. Matthew 5:16 says:
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Open Heaven 30th April 2020 Devotional
Knowing God is not the same as going to church, and loving God is not the same as being involved in church activities. If you love God it will show in the way you conduct the affairs of your life. If you know God, the evidence will be seen in the way you relate with people around you.
If anyone is living contrary to God’s word, all that he or she offers to God will amount to nothing before the Almighty. Sometime ago at the Redemption Camp, I had to tell everyone “If you you are not genuinely saved by the blood of Jesus, there is no need to give any offering to God. He will not accept the offering and worship of sinners.
Our lives must count for God first, before other things. God wants His children to be His true representatives. (1 Peter 2:12) says: “Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that… they your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.”
PRAYER POINT: Father, please help me to be faithful to You and to live a practical Christian life before the world.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 5:1-10, 1 Chronicles 11-12
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 30th April 2020 – Practical Christian Witnessing, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.